Built and operated within the university campus, the college’s highlights and best practices include
- College is partnered with ITC Hotels which supports the institute by lending its expertise in conducting the courses, continuous update of curriculum, assisting in admissions and provides other support from its hotels
- Accredited by Indian Federation of Culinary Associations (IFCA) and World Association of Chefs’ Societies (WACS)
- Tie-up with annexed hotel Fortune Inn Valley View, member, ITC's Hotel Group for hands-on training and real-time exposure to the hospitality industry
- International collaborations and flexible pathway options for students. The institute has academic partnerships and collaborations with George Brown College of Applied Arts & Technology, Canada, The SAGES Institute, International, Indonesia, Campus Etoile Academy, Italy, “INTRECCI – Alta formazione di Sala”, Atiken Spence Sri Lanka, Alain Ducasse, Paris, France, etc.
- The only institute in India to conduct Wine Fundamentals Sommelier Certifications from the International Sommelier Guild (ISG), USA
- Public Private Partnership - Student and Faculty Mobility Program with National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT)
- Curriculum Conclaves are held with all stakeholders - Industry, Students, Faculty and Parents and new curriculum has been adopted as part of Outcome Based Education (OBE)
- Maximum number of recruiters among the top brands in India and overseas, including Fortune 500 companies, visiting the campus. Our industry partnerships facilitate internships and placements
- WGSHA has launched Industry-Academia Interface Sessions between industry stalwarts from the top hotel brands and our faculty members to share their views and concerns
- Welcomgroup Entrepreneurial Development Cell (WEDC) has been established in the college to promote entrepreneurship among the students
- Extensive Alumni Engagement and Worldwide Networking. We connect our successful alumni globally with our students via Virtual Lecture Series and hold Alumni Meets regularly in campus and major cities in India.
- Alumni have instituted endowment awards and are continuously associated with the college conducting workshops, being speakers in seminars and by taking guest lectures. Celebrity Chef Vikas Khanna, ‘Distinguished Alumnus’, WGSHA and 6-time Michelin Starred Indian Chef, has donated a Culinary Museum displaying antique utensils and tools worth $ 2 million. Alumni-Meets are held regularly in many cities in India
- Simulations, Culinary Boot Camps, Food Enthusiasts Programmes, Wine Appreciation Programmes, Expert Sessions, Food Festivals, Hostel festivals etc. are conducted frequently to add to the students’ learning and exposure.
- To strengthen our students’ skill sets, the college has created a student-run restaurant ‘Classic Café, a student-run pastry shop ‘Ministry of Bakery’ (MOB), and a Gourmet Store of food products in campus.
- Several clubs like Cultural Club, Sports Club, Digital and Social Media Club, Adventure Club, Tourism and Cultural Heritage Club, Gastronomy Club, Mad Over Baking Club, Wine and Spirits Club, Volunteer Service Organization (VSO) etc. have been instituted to facilitate students’ co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Experienced full-time faculty in all departments provide contemporary education. In addition, Adjunct faculty members, working in many international universities of repute, have been appointed to share their expertise and provide their valued inputs to our students
- Faculty and students are continuously engaged in publishing and research work, which is supported by large collection of digital learning resources
- Student and Faculty mobility programmes are undertaken in association with National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT)
- Well-equipped, state-of-the-art Kitchens and Bakeries for contemporary learning experience in culinary arts and bakery, meeting specialized training needs of the students at par with industry standards
- Front Office Training Lab for simulations and hands-on learning with hotel software and mock Guest Room for students practical learning in housekeeping
- Student Training Restaurants and Unique Mock Bar for demonstrations and practical learning
- WGSHA library has a collection of over 11700 books, 700 CD-ROMs and other digital resources on hotel management and allied disciplines. It subscribes to over 50 journals and magazines. Also, it subscribes e-journals and online databases including Scopus, Web of Science, SciVal, Sage, Springer, EBSCO (Hospitality and Tourism) Complete and CAC+HTLC (Culinary Arts Collection and Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Collection).
- WGSHA has more than 130 computer systems with LAN and Wi-Fi facility. In addition to the IT services which provides to specialized computational needs of the institute, the computer lab has 35 desktops and laptops with latest Windows OS and MS Office. Apart from the general-purpose software there are special software packages like Opera – Hotel Information system, Diet Cal, Statistical package – SPSS and multimedia software. The department also supports students to actively use social media platforms through Digital and Social Media Club.
- Paperless e-pad examination has been implemented in which students write exams on a tab provided to them