Dr. Namratha Pai K
Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration | WGSHA Manipal - Manipal Academy of Higher Education
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recipient of the UGC-BSR Fellowship to complete the doctoral research work entitled “Impact of Nutrition intervention on nutritional status and clinical outcomes in subjects with Head and Neck Cancer”.
- Has been into Teaching for post-graduate students for more than 6 years at various Institutes.
- Has 7 years of research experience in Nutrition, Dietetics and Pharmacognosy. Main areas of research include formulation of nutraceuticals and functional foods for cancer and execution of clinical trials in target population.
- Has 12 publications in peer reviewed National/International Journals i.e., 10 research papers, 1 Book, 1 Review article.
- Has 34 conference presentations to her credit and has received 9 awards for poster and oral presentation as presenting/co-author in National/ International Conferences.
- Has supervised 4 Master’s dissertations and has been part of many National funded research projects (3-UGC sponsored). Has been part of the Joint Review Mission of the Mid day meal Program project.
- Has been part of the Joint Review Mission of the Mid-day meal Program in Karnataka for the year 2019-2020.
- Has qualified the National Eligibility Test for Lectureship in Home Science in June 2013.
- She has served as a Subject Expert and Teaching Assistant for the Food and Nutrition course of the UGC-CEC-SWAYAM project as part of the initiative by MHRD, Govt. of India.
- She is a Nutrition Counselor and has 7 years of experience in the field.
- Recipient of "Manjula Suma Memorial Endowment Cash Prize" Award for securing 2nd Rank in M.Sc Food Science and Nutrition, University of Mysore.
Assistant Professor in Dietetics and Applied Nutrition with a role to teach Dietetics and Nutrition modules of the M.Sc DAN course.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD||Food Science and Nutrition||University of Mysore||2020|
|PhD||Master of Science||University of Mysore||2013|
|Bachelor of Science||Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics, Chemistry and Microbiology||University of Mysore||2011|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|DOS IN FOOD SCIENCE AND NUTRITION, UNIVERSITY OF MYSORE||Research Scholar (UGC-BSR Fellow)||Conducting theory and practicals in Nutrition related subjects for a minimum of 4 hours per week for Post-graduate students at University of Mysore|
|DOS IN FOOD SCIENCE AND NUTRITION, UNIVERSITY OF MYSORE||Guest Faculty||Conducting theory and practicals in Culinary Science at Pooja Bhagavat Memorial Mahajana Education Centre, University of Mysore||September 2015- June 2016|
|Pooja Bhagavat Memorial Mahajana Education Centre||Guest Faculty||2. Conducting theory and practicals in Nutrition related subjects (8 hours per week) for Post-graduate students at University of Mysore||September 2020 - December 2020|
|UGC-CEC-SWAYAM||Teaching Assistant||Course outline development and execution of the online course in Food and Nutrition under the UGC-CEC-SWAYAM project, MHRD, Government of India||July 2019- December 2020|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Clinical Nutrition, Community Nutrition, Development of Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods, Clinical trials, Nutrition Intervention, Product development, Pharmacognosy, Nutrigenomics.
Area of Research
Pharmacognosy, Clinical trials, Nutrition and Dietetics, Nutrition in cancer, Development of disease specific nutraceuticals and functional foods, food science and food processing, product development, microencapsulation techniques.
Nutritional implications in Head and Neck Cancer – A review
2014 Namratha PK Urooj A
Indian Journal of Nutrition
International Journal of Medicinal Chemistry
2014 Pai Kotebagilu N Reddy Palvai Urooj, A V
Protective effect of selected medicinal plants against hydrogen peroxide induced oxidative damage on biological substrates