Overview of the Programme:
B.Tech, in Information Technology (IT) involves science and technology to design and develop systems as well as applications. Emphasis is given to apply mathematics and principles of computing to solve engineering problems.
Information Technology offers core courses in Data Structures and Applications, Database Systems, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Formal Languages and Automata, There are minor specializations in emerging areas of computer science. The program offers a wide range of program electives and open electives. Computer Vision, Augmented & Virtual Reality, Game Programming, Soft Computing Paradigms, Cloud Computing are some of elective courses. The Information Technology department is in the process of setting up Data Structures Lab, Object Oriented Programming Lab, Database Systems lab, Networks programing and Simulation lab, Embedded systems Lab, Operating systems Lab, Internet Technology Lab, Data Warehouse & Data Mining Lab just to name a few. Besides, the department is continuously interacting with Industry Experts to organize expert webinars, workshops, and hackathons to benefit all the students.
B.Tech in Information Technology syllabus is a mix of theory and practical knowledge. Professionals in Information Technology are adept at the latest new technologies, arriving at the most optimal solutions for any technological problems that might occur, whether small or large.
· To provide sound fundamentals, and advances in Information Technology.
· To provide curriculum that engage, enlighten and empower the students to learn technology through practice, service and outreach
· To educate the students about social responsibilities and entrepreneurship
· To create ethically strong leaders and trendsetters for next generation IT.
· To encourage research through continuous improvement in infrastructure, and faculty development in collaboration with industry and institutions.
The Department of Information Technology, MIT offers the following programs:
B.Tech - Information Technology
B.Tech - Computer Science & Engineering [Cyber Security]
B.Tech - Computer Science & Engineering [Data Science]