Project fellows from MAHE Institutions
Admission procedure for project fellows from MAHE institutions :
- Project fellows working under funded projects in institutions/Departments and meeting eligibility criteria specified in MAHE PhD guidelines may apply for full time PhD under this category.
- The candidates are admitted in four sessions (January, April, July and October).
- Prospective candidates shall apply for PhD admission in a prescribed application form with relevant documents to CDS.
- CDS will scrutinize the applications for eligibility and if eligible will forward documents to institutions/departments for assessment of the candidates.
- These candidates are required to appear for institute/department level Test and shortlisted candidates will be called for institute / department level interview. The institute/department level test may be exempted for GATE qualified candidates and those with assistant professorship.
- During the interview, selection committee constituted for the purpose will assess the candidates based on his/her academic and research credentials through presentation and interview. Committee will also decide the probable PhD topic and supervisor and Co-supervisor (if required).
- Institution/Department will submit the interview results along with declaration from guide and co-guide (if any) with recommendation from HOD/HOI to CDS through proper channel.
- The PhD research topic/protocol must be related to the area in which the candidate is currently working under the project.
- In case of having research topic/protocol from a different research area at the time of admission, he/she shall complete the project or resign from the project and then apply for full time PhD as per MAHE guidelines.
- The Doctoral Advisory Committee (DAC) for the candidate shall be constituted at the institutions/departments after the admission.
- The candidate is required to submit PhD protocol to CDS for university presentation within 6 months of admission.
- The minimum duration of PhD course for such candidates is 3 years after the university protocol presentation. Admission gets cancelled if the candidate leaves the Institution/joins a new job before the submission of thesis.
- Extension beyond the minimum period will be based on the recommendation of the DAC and the approval of CDS.
- The maximum duration of PhD program is 6 years. The admission stands cancelled after the completion of maximum duration.
- During the PhD course, the candidate is not allowed to join another new project which is not related his/her PhD research area.
- Candidate is eligible for leaves as per the funding agency norms.
- If the candidate avails leave over and above the eligibility with the approval of DAC, the duration of PhD will be extended by leave period availed.