December 19, 2022
Department of Physics and Chemistry, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, Karnataka, India
Synergistic Training program Utilizing the Scientific and Technological Infrastructure (STUTI)
5th JANUARY 2023 to 11th JANUARY 2023
In collaboration with
Shivaji University, Kolhapur, Maharashtra
Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi
About Manipal Institute of Technology:
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) is synonymous with excellence in Higher Education. 30,000+ students from 65+ different nations live, learn and play in the sprawling University town, nestled on a plateau in Karnataka’s Udupi district. MAHE Manipal offers 28 disciplines, 12 Program levels, 350+ programs through 31 institutions / departments. MAHE also has campuses in Mangaluru, Bengaluru & Jamshedpur and off-shore campuses in Dubai (UAE) & Melaka (Malaysia). MAHE is one of the first six institutes to be awarded the Institute of Eminence (IoE) status in 2018. MAHE is also accredited by NAAC ‘A++’ grade with CGPA 3.65. Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), one of the constituent institutes of MAHE, is known far and wide as an excellent technical institute in the country. It started in 1957 as a self- financed engineering college by Dr. T. M. A. Pai. Department of Physics and Chemistry are the founder departments of the Institute. Currently, these departments have grown and developed into a centre of PG studies and research.
STUTI stand for “Synergistic Training program Utilizing the Scientific and Technological Infrastructure” Program funded by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India. The Scheme is intended to build human resource and its capacity building through open access to S&T Infrastructure across the country by organizing training program on DST supported R&D equipment targeting Scientists/Professors/PhDs and PDFs actively involved in research across various institutions in the country.
About Shivaji University:
Shivaji University, Kolhapur, established on 18th November, 1962 has 276 affiliated colleges with 40 post-graduate departments. Recently, accredited with NAAC ‘A++’ grade with CGPA 3.52 in its forth cycle of reaccreditation 2021. Various science departments of Shivaji University are well equipped with different sophisticated instruments and laboratory infrastructures procured using funds from various funding agencies such as TEQIP I &II, DST-PURSE I & II, DST-FIST I & II, SAIF, UGC-SAP I & II, UGC DRS, MHRD RUSSA Centers for Alternative Medicine, Nanofabrics and VLSI Design, DBT-IPLS, RGSTC, Erasmus Mundus+ (EU projects), MHRD PMMNMTT Centre for Cyber Security & Data Science, DBT-BUILDER etc. STUTI project is sanctioned by DST, New Delhi to SUK worth Rs. 2.25 crore for organizing training programs on various sophisticated instruments.
The main theme of this training program is to aware of the participants regarding the sophisticated instruments or characterization such as Morphological Characterization Technique (SEM and AFM), Structural Characterization Technique (XRD, FTIR, NMR and TGA) and Thin film fabrication Technique (DC & RF Sputtering, Spray Pyrolysis), Optical Characterization (UV-Vis-NIR, PL), Electrochemical work station, Impedance Analyzer, Hall Effect and Resistivity Measurements, Flash Chromatography, Profilometer etc. The training program includes theory lectures as well as Demonstration/Hands on Training on the sophisticated instruments throughout the program.
Goal of STUTI Program:
• The participants will understand and familiarize with the various sophisticated instruments supported by DST, GoI and other funding agencies.
• The participants will get skill based knowledge about the handling of various sophisticated instruments and characterization techniques.
• The interaction of participants with researchers and other participants will help them in collaborative research.
- Participants should be Indian Citizen.
- Minimum qualification should be Post Graduate (Science) or B.Tech. (Technology).
- Faculty/ Scientists/ Post-Doc Fellows/ Ph.D. Fellows/ Industry persons who are actively involved in research and development (R&D).
- Not more than 3 people from one institute per training will be allowed from outside the host institute.
• Interested candidates have to fill the online MS form (link given below) on or before 22/12/2022.
• Participants should send a brief CV (not more than 3 pages) and Recommendation/Permission letter by the Institute Head/HOD/Research Supervisor as a SINGLE pdf file (both combined) to the email IDs given below.
• Candidates will be selected according to eligibility and available seats.
• The confirmation of selection will be communicated to the selected candidates on 24/12/2022 by email.
• Registration Link: https://forms.office.com/r/UyHaK0k8D3
• Registration for the training program is FREE.
• Registration kit, Course material and Certificate of participation will be provided to the participants.
• Local Hospitality (accommodation & Meal) will be provided.
• The train fare (3AC or equivalent) by shortest route will be reimbursed to the selected outstation participants on submission of original tickets.
• Participants are encouraged to bring their samples if any, for hands on analysis during the program.
Dr. Ramdas M Pai, Chancellor, MAHE, Manipal
Dr. H S Ballal, Pro Chancellor, MAHE, Manipal
Lt. Gen. Dr. Venkatesh, Vice Chancellor, MAHE, Manipal
Dr. P Giridhar Kini, Registrar, MAHE, Manipal
Dr. (Cdr) Anil Rana, Director, MIT, Manipal
Dr. Somashekhara Bhat, Joint Director, MIT, Manipal
STUTI Program Coordinator:
Prof. R. G. Sonkawade
Coordinator, SAIF, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, Maharashtra
Prof. Mohan Rao K
Head, Department of Physics, MIT, Manipal
Prof. Suma A Rao
Head, Department of Chemistry, MIT, Manipal
Department of Physics, MIT, Manipal
Dr. Gurumurthy S C
Department of Physics, MIT, Manipal
Dr. Sudhakar Y N
Department of Chemistry, MIT, Manipal
Contact : Program Coordinators
Dr. Ismayil (+91 9845497546)
Dr. Gurumurthy S C (+91 9449740014)