Dr Tessy Treesa Jose
Professor and Head of the Department
Department of Mental Health (Psychiatric) Nursing
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing the institutional Philosophy, vision, mission statement, and overall and specific objectives
- Assisting the administration to implement institutional policies, rules and regulations and plan of action.
- Planning the departmental activities periodically, on discussion with the faculty members.
- Organising all the activities, curricular, core-curricular and extra-curricular, involving all the faculty members.
- Ensuring adequate staffing in all areas of work.
- Orienting the new faculty and students to the departmental functioning and the activity plans.
- Conducting departmental meetings periodically, for implementation of the plan and systematic evaluation of the activities completed.
- Co-coordinating all the curricular and co-curricular activities.
- Supervising and directing the activities.
- Collaborating with other departments, other constituent colleges and external agencies where students ‘learning is planned.
- Establishing and maintaining the lines of communication with all involved in the departmental functioning.
- Developing, categorising and maintaining departmental records and reports up to date.
- Planning departmental expenditures, exploring, and acquiring resources and monitoring the accounts.
- Planning and conducting faculty developmental programmes for departmental staff.
- Planning, implementing and evaluating students’ co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Evaluating the performances of the faculty and students periodically.
- Writing annual departmental activities report.
Dr. Tessy Treesa Jose is Professor and Head of the Department of Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing.
She is involved in
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Psychiatric (Mental Health) Nursing||II MSc Nursing (Psychiatric Nursing Specialty)|
|Nursing Education||I Year MSc Nursing|
|Applied Psychology||I Semester BSc Nursing|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS in Counselling and Psychotherapy||Manasa Educational Foundation for Mental Health, Shimoga (Kuvempu University)||2015|
|PhD||Psychiatric Nursing||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2012|
|Certificate Course in Biostatistics & Research Methodology||Biostatistics & Research Methodology||Department of Biostatistics||2007|
|MSc||Mental health Nursing||Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||1997|
|BSc||Nursing||Christian Medical College, College of Nursing, Punjab University||1991|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal College of Nursing, MAHE, Manipal||Associate Dean, Professor & Head of Department||2022 till date|
|Manipal College of Nursing, MAHE,Manipal||Professor & Head of Department||2011 to 2022|
|MCON||Officiating Professor & Head of the Department||2007-2011|
|MCON||Officiating Professor||2005 - 2007|
|MCON||Associate Professor and Head of the Department||2002 - 2003|
|MCON||Assistant Professor and Head of the Department||1999 - 2002|
|MCON||Lecturer & Head of the Department||1997 - 1999|
|MCON, MAHE, Manipal||Assistant Lecturer||1994 - 1995|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Psychiatric nursing, Nursing education , Nursing research
Area of Expertise
Suicide, human sexuality, guidance and counselling
Area of Research
BPAD, Quality of life, stress, coping
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Distinguished Alumni Award from Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal for the year 2011.
- Best Faculty Research Article Award 2003 from College of Nursing MAHE, Manipal.
- Life Member of Trained Nurses Association of India.
- Life Member of Indian Society of Psychiatric Nurses.
- Fellow of the Academy of General Education Manipal.
A correlational study on blood pressure, stress and body mass index (BMI) among BSc Nursing Students in a selected college of nursing Udupi District
2013-01-01 Sheen Helen S Jose TT Nayak A
NITTE University Journal of Health Sciences, Vol 3(1), Pg 3-7
A correlational study on depressive symptoms and social support among widows in a selected women’s organisation of Pokhara, Nepal
2012-01-01 Sandhya S Jose TT Nayak A
International Journal of Nursing Education, Vol 4(1), Pg 77-78
Patients’ violence towards nurses: A questionnaire survey
2012-01-01 Balamurugan G Jose TT Nandakumar P
International Journal of Nursing
Prevalence of vision loss and related risk factors among the individuals of 45 years and above in a selected village of Udupi district, Karnataka
2011-01-01 Bharathi B Jose TT Sulochana B
International Journal of Nursing Education, Vol 3(2), Pg 15-17
Perceived bio psychosocial problems and coping strategies adopted by post-menopausal women among the age group 45-55 years
2011-01-01 Siji VM Jose TT Linu SG
International Journal of Nursing Education, Vol 3(2), Pg 118-20
Psychiatric nurses’ role in psycho social rehabilitation
2010-01-01 Jose TT
Official Journal of Trained Nurses Association of India, Kerala Branch, Vol 5(1), Pg 16-23
A study to determine the quality of life of post myocardial infarction Clients, attending the outpatient department of a selected hospital in Karnataka
2009-01-01 Sulochana B Devi ES Jose TT
Asian Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing
Effectiveness of self-instructional module for teachers in management of behavioural problems in school children
2008-01-01 Sudhaker C Valsaraj BP Linu SG Nandakumar
Official Journal of Trained Nurses Association of India, Kerala Branch
Writing a research proposal in nursing
2008-01-01 Jose TT
Official Journal of Trained Nurses’ Association of India, Kerala Branch
A study of the factors associated with compliance or non-compliance to lithium therapy among the patients with bipolar affective disorder
2003-01-01 Jose TT Bhaduri A Mathew B
Nursing Journal of India
Nurses Perception of Factors Influencing Clinical Decision Making
2016-15-12 Nageshwar V Dr Judith Angelitta Noronha Anitha Nileswar Dr Anice George Manjunath Prabhu Baby S Nayak
Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development 7(4):54-58 .
A descriptive study on Psychiatric morbidity among nurses working in selected hospitals of Udupi and Mangalore districts, Karnataka, India.
2016-24-12 Bhat SM
International Journal of Medical, Health, Biomedical, Bioengineering and pharmaceutical Engineering 2016:10 (9):424-428.
An exploratory study to determine the quality of life (QoL) and factors leading to imprisonment among women prisoners in a selected women prison.
2016-10-11 Nair A P Dr Daisy Josphine Lobo
International Journal of Nursing Education. 2016;8(3):19-23.
Is clinical decision making skills are developed through academic nurturing? A review based on available literature.
2015-22-09 Nageshwar V Dr Judith Angelitta Noronha Anitha Nileswar Dr Anice George Manjunath Prabhu Baby S Nayak
Anice George, Manjunath Prabhu, Baby Nayak, Tessy Treesa Jose, Blessy Prabha Valsaraj: Journal of Health, Medicine and Nursing. 19; 50-58.
Effectiveness of academic stress management programme on academic stress and academic performance among higher secondary students in selected schools of Udupi district.
2015-18-05 Nikhitha S
NITTE University Journal of Health Sciences.2015; 5(4):9-12.
A descriptive study on Self- Esteem among nurses working in selected hospitals of Udupi and Mangalore districts, Karnataka, India.
2015-23-12 Bhat SM
International Journal of Nursing Education. 2015;7(3):154-159.
Co-relational Study on Stress and Coping among Widows Residing at Selected Areas of Pokhara, Nepal.
2015-01-06 Sandhya S Asha K Nayak
International Journal of Psychiatric Nursing.1(1): 128-132.
A study to determine the effectiveness of an awareness programme on knowledge on substance abuse and its consequences among the students of a selected pre university college of Udupi district, Karnataka.
2015-02-03 Theou C Asha K Nayak
NITTE University Journal of Health Sciences.5(1): 53-57.
A descriptive study on Quality of life of nurses working in selected hospitals of Udupi and Mangalore districts, Karnataka, India.
2014-01-04 Bhat SM
NITTE University Journal Of Health Sciences.4(2):4-11.
A correlational study on academic stress and self-esteem among higher secondary students in selected schools of Udupi district.
2014-01-05 Nikhitha S
NITTE University Journal Of Health Sciences. 4(1):106-108.
Effectiveness of Jacobson’s Progressive Muscle Relaxation (JPMR) technique on social anxiety among high school adolescents in a selected school of Udupi District, Karnataka state.
2014-01-07 Joy FE Asha K Nayak
NITTE University Journal of Health Sciences. 4 (1): 86-90.
A descriptive study on stress and coping of nurses working in selected hospitals of Udupi and Mangalore districts.
2013-02-12 Bhat SM
IOSR Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences. 3(1):10-18.