CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- She is responsible for classroom teaching and clinical supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate nursing students.
- Research co-guide for post graduate dissertations.
- Advisor of Cultural Committee, SNA 2021-22.
- Member of Editorial committee
She is Lecturer, Department of Mental Health (Psychiatric) Nursing, Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing||III Year BSc Nursing|
|Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing||II Year PBBSc Nursing|
|Psychiatric Nursing (Mental Health)- practical||I Year MSc Nursing|
|Psychiatric Nursing (Mental Health)||II Year MSc Nursing|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Bachelor of Science in Nursing||Nursing||Army College of Nursing Jalandhar, Punjab under BFHUS, Faridkot||2012- 2016|
|Master of Science in Nursing||Psychiatric Nursing (Mental Health)||KGMU College of Nursing, King Georges Medical University, Lucknow, UP.||2018-2020|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal College of Nursing, MAHE, Manipal||Lecturer||Academic and clinical supervision||February 8, 2021 till date|
|Ved College of Nursing, PIMS Baroli, Panipat||Clinical Instructor/Tutor||Academic and clinical supervision||November 7, 2016 to October 16, 2018|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Substance use disorder, psychiatric emergencies, Alcohol and liver disease & its management, psychology, biostatistics and research.
Area of Expertise
Mental Health Nursing, psychology, covid-training, psychological first aid, Research health ethics.
Area of Research
Adolescent and Sexuality, Substance use disorder, caregivers, opioid use, impact of Covid-19.
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
Registered member of UP Nursing Council
Additional Qualifications & Courses
- Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19 course authorized by the University of Toronto
- Introduction to psychology course authorized by Yale University.
- Psychological First Aid course authorized by Johns Hopkins University
- Alcohol and liver & management of liver diseases by IBLS, AIIMS Delhi.