CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts Diploma Nursing theory and practical examinations for the students of school of nursing in Udupi district.
- Is guide and co-guide for M SC and M Phil nursing students in their research project
- Assists Diploma students in conduct of research.
- External examiner to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Kerala University of Health Sciences and Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
- Acts as Student Counsellor.
- Scrutinises question papers set by other teachers.
- Attends to students grievances; participates in faculty development programs and conducts continuing education program.
- Encourages student participation in educational, sports and cultural activities
- Attends student absenteeism, sickness, fees payment, scholarship disbursement, accommodation, SC, ST, and minority related matters.
- Also conducts formative assessment for students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Nursing Research||Third year Diploma in Nursing|
|Medical-Surgical Nursing||Second-year Diploma in Nursing|
|Critical Care Nursing||II Year Nurse Practitioner in Critical Care – Post Graduate Residency Program|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|PhD (Doctor of Philosophy)||Medical-Surgical Nursing||Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2017|
|Post-graduate certificate in Diabetes Education||Diabetes Education||International Diabetic Federation||2011|
|Certificate course in Biostatistics and Research Methodology||Biostatistics and Research Methodology||Department of Biostatistics, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2009|
|MSc (Master of Science) Nursing||Medical Surgical Nursing||Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2008|
|Post Basic BSc||Nursing||Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||2005|
|Diploma in General Nursing||Nursing||Manipal School of Nursing, Manipal||1992|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Manipal School of Nursing, Manipal||Principal||October 2017 till date|
|Department of Medical Surgical Nursing, Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal||Assistant Professor - Senior Scale||April 2012 - October 2017|
|Department of Medical Surgical Nursing, MCON||Assistant Professor||August 2011 - March 2012|
|Department of Medical Surgical Nursing, MCON||Lecturer||July 2010 - July 2011|
|Department of Fundamentals of Nursing, MCON||Lecturer||August 2008 – June 2010|
|Department of Community Health Nursing, MCON||Assistant Lecturer||September 2005 – July 2006|
|Kasturba Hospital, Manipal||Staff Nurse||Dialysis Nurse||August 1992 - September 2003|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Teaching about dialysis.
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Renal failure, Hypertension, Diabetes mellitus, Cardiovascular related conditions.
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life member of Trained Nurses Association of India (TNAI)
- Life member Karnataka State Nursing Council (KSNC)
- Life member of Asian Association of Cardiac Nurses
- Life member Nursing Research Society of India (NRSI)
- Life member Critical Care Nursing Society of India (CCNSI)
- Life member of Indian Red Cross Society of India
- Member of Inner wheel club
- 1. Secured consolation prize for the innovative idea “Plaster friendly” – supporting device”, December 26, 2016.
- 2. Secured third prize for the paper presentation on “a survey on risk assessment of renal failure among hypertensive and diabetics in Udupi district, India” during the 2nd USM international Nursing Conference organized by Nursing programme school of health sciences health campus, USM on August 17 & 18, 2014.
- 3. Secured First prize for the paper presentation on “A study to assess the reference range of estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR) in Healthy South Indian Males –and identify clients with Chronic Renal Failure (stage I and above) with hypertension and diabetes or both - A pilot study, during the conference on “epidemiology of chronic diseases –nursing research perspective “organized by Nursing Research Society of India and Manikala Topawala Institute of Nursing on October 25 to 27, 2013.
- 4. Secured second prize in a cooking competition in Utsav 2013 Annual Intercollegiate Cultural Competition organized by Manipal University.
- 5. Secured First prize for the paper presentation on “nurses role in taking care of a client undergoing hemodialysis- a case study” during the national level conference on “Clinical Governance in Nursing – the key to excellence in patient care” organized by Madras Medical Mission, Madras on November 24 & 25, 2011.
A Study to Assess the Patient Clinical Outcome Using Sofa Score among Patients Admitted to ICU of Tertiary Hospital of South India.
2018-01-02 Rachana Mishra Dr Jyothi Chakrabarty
International Journal of Health Sciences & Research. Vol.8; Issue:2; 164 -170.
Potential Health Risks among Oncology Staff Nurses of Selected Hospitals due to Antineoplastic Drug Exposure
2017-01-01 Sweta Kumari Dr Daisy Josphine Lobo
Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development 8(4):358.
A descriptive study on cultural practices about menarche and menstruation
Nitte University Journal of Health Science, 6 (2). pp. 10 - 13. ISSN 2249-7110.
A study to assess the knowledge and quality of life of patients with BPH
2016-01-02 Pretty Mary Abraham Mrs Shalini G Nayak
international education and research journal, VOL 2, NO 2
Status of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in India – a narrative review
2016-01-01 Ravindra Prabhu Shreemathi S Mayya Shankar Prasad Dr Anice George Elsa Sanatombi Devi Baby S Nayak
International Journal of scientific research. E-IS E-ISSN:2454-9916, Volume:2, Issue:1. SN: 2454-9916|
Risk Assessment of Chronic Kidney Disease
2015-01-09 Ravindra Prabhu Shreemathi S Mayya Shankar Prasad Dr Anice George Elsa Sanatombi Devi Baby S Nayak
International Journal of scientific research
Boerhaave’s syndrome repaired with surgery and esophageal stent placement: a case report
2015-01-02 L. Ramachandra
Manipal Journal of Health Sciences
Pulmonary hydatid cyst – a case report
2015-01-01 Prima Jenevive Jyothi D’Souza Kamath, Ganesh
Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences, 1 (2). pp. 118-120.
A study to assess the teaching and learning difficulties in clinical teaching-learning process as perceived by the faculty and the students in selected colleges of nursing, under Manipal University
2014-01-08 Jaicy Annie Abraham Sulochana B
Journal of Nursing science and practice
Effectiveness of Intra Operative Hand Holding on Anxiety and Physiological Parameters Among Patients Undergoing Cataract Surgery
2014-01-06 Anuja, BS Elsa Sanatombi Devi Rao, Lavanya Pai, Vijaya H
Nitte University Journal of Health Science, 4 (2). pp. 27-33. ISSN 2249-7110
Knowledge and attitude of adults on kidney donation in a selected village of Udupi district, Karnataka
2014-01-03 Mamatha Shivananda Pai
IOSR. Journal of Nursing and Health Science
Social support of clients with Alcoholic Dependence Syndrome (ADS) attending and not attending alcoholics anonymous (AA) group meetings
2012-01-07 Savitha Nanda Kumar
Indian Journal of Psychiatric Nursing, Vol. 4, No.1
Identification of health problems of patients undergoing haemodialysis using self-care deficit theory and application of nursing process approach care
International Journal of Nursing Education, Vol. 4, No. 1.
Quality of life of clients with alcoholic dependence syndrome attending and not attending alcoholics anonymous group meetings
2011-01-07 Savitha Nanda Kumar
International Journal of Nursing Education, Vol. 3, No. 2
An exploratory survey to identify individuals with hypertension and to find the effectiveness of an awareness program on hypertension’ in selected villages of Udupi district, Karnataka
2009-01-06 Elsa Sanatombi Devi Melita Sheilini
Asian Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing.
Video assisted education on knowledge and practices of house wives towards prevention of Dengue Fever at Gokak Taluk, Karnataka, India.
November 01, 2019 Dr. Leena Sequira DR. JYOTHI CHAKRABARTY P Hiremath
International Journal of Health Promotion and Education, DOI: 10.1080/14635240.2019.1685900, International, Scopus indexed
'Insulinoma: A Diagnostic Challenge – case study
January 01, 2019 Dr. Leena Sequira Amanda Varghese Gabriel Sunil Rodrigues Janet Prameela D’Souza
Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 13(1): LD01-LD02. DOI: 10.7860/JCDR/2019/38279.12447
Knowledge and Perceived Health Benefits of Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty among Patients with Coronary Heart Disease.
December 01, 2018 Dr. Leena Sequira Charlet Jasmine Vaz Katha Mukherjee
Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 12(12): LC01-LC05.
A Study to Describe Cerebral Perfusion Pressure Optimization Practice among ICU Patients of Tertiary Hospital of South India.
January 01, 2018 Dr. Leena Sequira DR. JYOTHI CHAKRABARTY Rachana Mishra
International Journal of caring Sciences. 11(1). 296.
Prevalence of Diabetes mellitus and teaching on dietary management of Diabetes mellitus among school teachers.
July 01, 2017 Dr. Leena Sequira Janet Prameela D’Souza
Journal of Nursing Research Society of India. Vol.10; Issue: 2; 49-53.