CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- helps in the organisation of the departmental curricular, and extracurricular activities periodically
- collaborates and coordinates with other departments where students’ learning is planned
- plans and conducts faculty developmental programs for departmental staff and participates in departmental research to keep abreast of professional knowledge in the fields of Nursing
- evaluates the performances of the faculty and students periodically
- ensures own professional and personal development and uses available resources effectively and explores the availability of necessary resources and maximise the use of the resources.
- is the SNA Advisor for the year 2019-20.
- is research co-guide for post graduate dissertations.
Laveena works as a lecturer in the department of Fundamentals of Nursing. Functions efficiently and facilitating the overall professional and personal development of the students
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Fundamentals of Nursing||First Year BSc Nursing|
|Kannada||First Year BSc Nursing|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Certificate course in Clinical epidemiology and biostatistics||Clinical epidemiology and biostatistics||Dept. of Biostatistics, Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal||2016|
|Master of Science in Nursing||OBG Nursing||Manipal College of Nursing Manipal, Karnataka State, India||2013|
|PC BSc Nursing||Nursing||Manipal College of Nursing Manipal, Karnataka State, India||2011|
|Diploma in nursing||Nursing||Manipal School of Nursing, Karnataka State, India||2000|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Fundamentals of Nursing Manipal College of Nursing Manipal||Lecturer||May 2014 to till date|
|Kasturba Hospital, Manipal||Staff Nurse||July 2007 to June 2009|
|HI- TECH Medicare Hospital & Research Centre, Udupi||Staff Nurse and Senior Staff Nurse||January 2000 to January 2004|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
OBG Nursing, Nursing Research
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Life Member of Trained Nurses Association of India, No. 101301
- Registered Member of Karnataka Nursing Council (Reg No.37302)
- Registered Member of Karnataka Nursing Council (Reg No.003070)
- Registered Member of Karnataka Nursing Council (Reg No.5241)
- Registered member of Society of Midwives, India (Reg No.: 7302-2014)
Awareness on Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) and compliance to management among pregnant women- A Narrative review.
2019-01-07 Konsam, M Sushmitha Ramona Karkada
Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences, 5(1), 47-50.
Knowledge and attitude regarding Menstrual blood banking
2019-01-02 Linu Sara George
Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development, 10(2), 68-73
Prevalence of depression among post-stroke survivors in South Asian Region: A narrative review.
2018-01-01 Varghese, R
Manipal Journal of Nursing and Health Sciences, 4(2), 36-41.
Effectiveness of an informational leaflet on knowledge regarding breast cancer among women of Reproductive age
2013-01-09 Laveena Sushmitha Ramona Karkada
Nitte University Journal of Health Science (NUJHS) Vol. 3, No.3
Compliance to vitamin and mineral supplementation among pregnant women
Journal of Nursing Research Society of India Vol. 6, No. 1.