1) Dr. Sushma Prabhath (Anatomy) won First Prize in E-poster Competition at National Youth Day 2021, held on 20 January 2021.
2) Dr. Sindhuralakshmi KL (Pathology) is the Winner of online flow cytometry quiz during Advances in Clinical Flowcytometry, Virtual Leukemia, Lymphoma and MRD awareness program by BD Life Sciences, Biosciences held on 20-21 January 2021.
3) Dr Dhivya Kandasamy (Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion) received certificate for ‘I TRY IT 2020’, underwent Young investigator research training (6 weeks course).
4) Dr. Suhas U (General Surgery) received best Poster award at 39th Annual Conference Karnataka State Chapter of Associations of Surgeons of India held on 12 to 14 February 2021.
5) Dr. Shailaja S (Ophthalmology) 3rd winner of Brain Teasers Quiz No. 1, held on 15 February 2021. (ENTOD supported Brain Teasers Quiz! Rs. 1,500/-)
6) Dr. Harsha R Acharya (Paediatric Surgery) appointed as Safety officer, Kasturba Hospital, Manipal.
7) Dr Chythra R Rao (Community Medicine) 2nd prize in e-poster presentation at IAPSMCON 2021, 48th Annual National Conference of Indian Association of Preventive & Social Medicine held on 19-21 March 2021.
8) Dr. Sulatha V Bhandary (Ophthalmology) GSB Saadhaki (GSB Saadhaki Top 20 achievers) on 08 March 2021.
9) Dr. Anumita Sinha (General Surgery) First Place in the Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery (FMAS) Exam - March 2021 Batch by World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons, 1-14 March 2021.
10) Dr Ajay Hegde, Dr Pitchaiah Mandava, Dr Onkarappa Sandesh, Dr Girish Menon received Paul Dudley White International Scholar Award presented by The American Heart Association (To Recognize the Authors with the Highest Ranked Abstract from India), International Stroke Conference 2021, held in April 2021.
11) Dr. Abdul Razak (Cardiology) received degree - FELLOW of the American College of Cardiology (FACC) on 01 May 2021.
12) Dr. Kirtana R Nayak (Physiology/ Medical Education) received Scholarship for FAIMER CMCL FELLOWSHIP, 19-25 May 2021.
13) Dr. Sushma Belurkar (Pathology) awarded 1st prize for Essay writing competition held on the occasion of World Environment Day 2021.
14) Dr M Mukhyaprana Prabhu Successfully completed Lipidology Course 2020.
15) Dr Pratap Kumar (Reproductive Medicine & Surgery), received Star Connect Award on 22 July, 2021.
16) Dr M Mukhyaprana Prabhu (Medicine) being felicitated by American College of Physicians, India Chapter on occasion of Doctor’s Day Celebration as ‘Corona Saviour’.
17) Dr. Naveen Salins (Palliative Medicine & Supportive Care) ‘Honorary Professor’ title by Cardiff University from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2026.
18) Dr Dharshan Rangaswamy (Nephrology) received seed money grant proposal Titled ‘Clinical outcome correlation among newly diagnosed lupus nephritis patients in relation to the peripheral blood lymphocyte subset, renal tissue inflammatory cell distribution and immunosuppressive regimen: A prospective observational study’ of Rs.35,000/- for a period pf April 2021 to march 2023.
19) Dr. Vijetha Belle received Copyright
20) Dr B M Zeeshan (Urology) The Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
21) Dr. Sindhura Lakshmi K L got opportunity to write about student mobility at the times of COVID-19 at The Association of Common Wealth Universities.
22) Dr Mayank Gupta (Palliative Medicine) for the first time performed the Fluoroscopic guided Radio Frequency Ablation of Gasserian Ganglion
23) Dr. Krishna Sharan received a grant of Rs. 20,000/- by Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
24) Dr. Sushma Prabhath (Anatomy) received Best Paper Presentation award at e-National Conference, AVEOCON 2021, 09th - 10th July 2021.
25) Dr. Vijetha Shenoy B (Biochemistry) won First Prize in Poster presentation at 2nd International conference on Neuroscience & Neurology, 17th - 18th July 2021
26) Dr. Shamee Shastry (Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion) selected as an expert for Severity Grading Tool (SGT) study under the National Donor Vigilance Programme of India by Expert Committee, National Hemovigilance of India, 05-Jul-2021
27) Dr Guruprasad Kalthur (Clinical Embryology) won Best paper presentation, AVEOCON 2021 (International), 9th - 10th July 2021.
28) Ms Keerthana Poojary (Clinical Embryology) received Kusum Lata travel award to attend 68th Annual meeting of Society of Reproductive investigation (National), May 17, 2021.
29) Dr. Shama Shetty (ENT) won 2nd place in Essay writing competition “Elimation of single use of plastic” conducted by Dept. of Commerce, MAHE, Manipal, 05-07-2021.
30) Dr Mithun Pai G (Orthopaedics) 2nd best paper award for his paper “Outcome of radialisation with ulnar cuff osteotomy for radial longitundinal deficiency – A midterm follow up study”, ISSHCON 2021 held at Chennai, 6.-7 Aug 2021 (National).
31) Dr Ranjitha S Shetty (Community Medicine) received Young Researcher Award Presentation of Research Work, 5th World Cancer Congress, 25-26 September 2021 (International).
32) Dr Pratap Kumar (Reproductive Medicine & Surgery) received ‘Felicitate the Medical Teachers for their diligent work and devotion in teaching and spreading knowledge making the impact on clinical practice’, FOGSI Teachers day. Organized by the Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI) & Indian College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (ICOG) 05-Sep-2021 (National)
33) Dr. Sripadma P. V. (Neurology) Awarded 2nd prize IAN BAR-B-Quiz, 28th Annual Conference of Indian Academy of Neurology (IANCON 2021), 11-Nov-20 21 (International)
34) Dr. Ravindra Prabhu A (Nephrology) NephSAP Review Panelist from January 2022 through December 2026.
35) Dr.Shamee Shastry (Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion) First prize in E-poster in national conference TRANSMEDCON 2021;18th & 19th Dec 2021
36) Dr.Shamee Shastry (Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion) - elected as Secretary of AATM - India Chapter organisation, for 2 years (International).
37) Dr. Arvind N Prabhu (Neurology) Certificate of Appreciation from Dean, Kasturba Medical College, MAHE, Manipal. In recognition of the hard work and dedication in conducting Talks, Workshops, Seminars and valuable contribution to the Research Cell Committee.
38) Dr Deeksha Pandey (OBG) received Sir CV Raman Young Scientist Award Significant contribution to Scientific Research and Technology by SPIHER (National)
39) Dr Deeksha Pandey (OBG) New Age Technology in Life Sciences Award Technology New Age Technology Show, during IISF 2021 by Department of Science & Industrial Research, Govt of India.
40) Dr Pratap Kumar (Reproductive Medicine & Surgery) received “Lifetime Achievement Award” for the year 2021. Outstanding service to women hood & Medical Education for more than three decades by Karnataka State Obstetrics & Gynaecology Association (KSOGA), 31st KSOGA conference at Davangere; 17-Dec-21. (National)
41) Dr Pratap Kumar (Reproductive Medicine & Surgery) received “Fellow of Karnataka College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (FKCOG) degree”Outstanding service to women hood & Medical Education for more than three decades by Karnataka State Obstetrics & Gynaecology Association (KSOGA), 31st KSOGA conference at Davangere; 17-Dec-21. (National)
42) Dr Satish Kumar Adiga (Reproductive Science) received Dr Subhas Mukarjee award 2020; 28.12.2021 (National).
43 Dr. Manna Valiathan Professor was awarded for best poster presentation in KAPCON 2021 , Oct 1st -3rd 2021
44. Dr.Seemitr Verma, Associate Professor was awarded for best poster presentation in KAPCON 2021 Oct 1st -3rd 2021
45. Dr.Ruchee Khanna, Associate Professor was awarded for best poster presentation in KAPCON 2021 Oct 1st -3rd 2021
46. Dr.Swathi Sharma, Associate Professor was awarded for best poster presentation in KAPCON 2021 Oct 1st -3rd 2021
47. Dr.Padmapriya Associate Professor was the Path tweet winner 2021 KAPCON Oct 1st -3rd 2021
48. 1st place for KAPCON 2021 - Cultural event Group dance - PATH KALAKAR
1) Dr. Poojitha Yalla (General Surgery) received award for Theory and Practical Examination by Prof. Vivekananda Prabhu Gold Medal Examination, held on 2-3 January 2021.
2) Dr. Shrividya (General Surgery) received award for Theory and Practical Examination by Prof. Vivekananda Prabhu Gold Medal Examination, held on 2-3 January 2021.
3) Dr. Aswin (Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion) - First prize in Poster presentation - Apheresis category, TRANSCON 2020 held on 27-28 February 2021.
4) Dr. Aswin and Dr. Fathima (Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion) - First prize in Quiz competition, TRANSCON 2020 held on 27-28 February 2021. (Received Rs.5000/-)
5) Sangthang (Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion), PhD Scholar - First prize in poster presentation - TTI category, TRANSCON 2020 held on 27-28 February 2021.
6) Dr. Neethu V K (Otorhinolaryngology), 1st prize in Quiz at Joint Teaching program KMC Mangalore & Manipal held on 21 February 2021. (certificate & Cup)
7) Dr. Majitha C S (Otorhinolaryngology), Quiz at Joint Teaching program KMC Mangalore & Manipal held on 21 February 2021. (certificate & Cup)
8) Dr. Aditi R (Otorhinolaryngology), 3rd prize in Quiz at Joint Teaching program KMC Mangalore & Manipal held on 21 February 2021.
9) Dr. Peramsetty Keerthipriya (OBG) 1st prize in poster presentation at FOGSI ICOG held on 4 February 2021.
10) Dr. Rashmi K and Dr.Linya M Thomas (Ophthalmology) 1st prize in Yenepoya Ophthalmic quiz, Intercollegiate PG Quiz “Retina" held on 06 February 2021. (Trophy)
11) Dr Krithiga M (Dermatology) Winner of Quiz at Resimed KN Derm session 39 organized by IADVL KN on 24 April 2021.
12) Dr. Malini Mohan (Medical Oncology) awarded for poster presentation- Orbital lymphoma- A case series at 4th Global cancer summit 2021, on 24 April 2021.
13) Dr Shruti Rahul Pandit (Urology) 1st Prize in Pediatric Urology Interzonal Competition on 16 April 2021.
14) Dr Shruti Rahul Pandit (Urology) 3rd Prize in Pediatric Urology National Competition on 2 May 2021. (Received Rs. 10,000/-)
15) Ms Pooja SP (Clinical Embryology) PhD scholar received First Prize for Photography competition-Best shot on 30 April 2021.
16) Riddhi Pandya (PhD Scholar – Clinical Embryology) awarded Congress Registration Grant by @etw2021 to attend the virtual edition of 21st European Testis Workshop held from 30 May to 03 June 2021.
17) Dr Mohammad Khalid won first prize in student category for AIM 2021 conference .
18) Ms. Daphne N Crasta (PhD Scholar – Clinical Embryology) awarded prestigious ‘Fullbright Nehru Doctoral Research’ Fellowship to research on paternal factors on early embryo cleavage dynamics at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, USA.
19) Dr Abhijit Anil won Gold medal exam at Parvathy Hospital in Chennai during observership.
20) Dr Ravi Taori, Dr M. Sitaram, Dr Suraj J & Dr Sourab Reddy (urology) - award winners of prestigious International travelling fellowships offered by Urological Society of India, in all India Online Examination to visit AUA (American Urology Association) and European (EUREP) centers of Excellence and stay for two weeks as observer fully sponsored by AUA and EAU including International travel.
21) Mr Adithya Nayak and Mr Vivek Nayak, both in 7th semester have been awarded Metropolis MedEngage Scholarship of Rs 75,000 each. Award ceremony (virtual) is on 5th Feb 2021
22) Metropolis MedEngage 2020 awardees - Anoush Sardesai Sadat, Arika Dsouza, Avinash Rao G, Diya Ann, Hannah Mathew, Himanshu YN, Ishita Singh, Poorvaprabha Patil, Samarth Goyal, Shubika Jain.
23) Dr Krithiga M, (MD Dermatology) winner of Fastest finger quiz International speaker programme on “Moisturisers in Atopic Dermatitis”, 23 Jun 2021.
24) Dr Krithiga M, (MD Dermatology) winner of quiz Resimed KN derm session 50 – by Karnataka branch IADVL, 17-Jul-2021.
25) Dr Krutika Vora, (MD Dermatology) winner of quiz Resimed KN derm session 50 – by Karnataka branch IADVL, 17-Jul-2021.
26) Dr Aravind S, (MD Dermatology) winner of quiz Resimed KN derm session 50 – by Karnataka branch IADVL, 17-Jul-2021.
27) Dr. Ishan Sardesai, (MS Oto-Rhino-Laryngology) won 2nd Place in the E-Paper presentation during free paper session of the CME ORLHNS, AVMCH, 27-07-2021
28) Dr. Arya Wagle & Dr. Alisha Kulkarni (MS Ophthalmology) first Prize (shared) Intercollegiate PG Quiz , Webinar on “Glaucoma” Just Shunt It! (International).
29) Dr. Amanpreet Singh (MS Orthopaedics) Live - 2nd best paper at 45th KOA Conference, Hassan “ Artificial intelligence based diagnostic software for detecting occult scaphoid fractures” 30 – 31 Jul 2021 (National)
30) Dr. Aravind Umarani (MS Orthopaedics) Live - 1st best gold medal paper at 45th KOA Conference, Hassan “Feasibility of a new nerve transfer of middle trunk fascicle to suprascapular nerve – A cadaveric study and a pilot study to assess recovery of shoulder function in upper brachial plexus injuries” & Live -2nd best poster presentation "Unusual presentation of Mycobacterium marinum infection of the hand: A diagnosis not to be missed", 30 – 31 Jul 2021 (National).
31) Dr.Ashna (MD Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion) 3rd Prize Quiz, AATM - Tea Time Discussion, 26-08-2021 (National).
32) Dr. Premjith Muraleedharan (MS Ophthalmology) 1st Place in Image & Video Competition, Vitreo Retinal Society, India, Aug 2021
33) Dr. Nikhil G (MS Ophthalmology), 1st Place in PG Debate: Topic - Burn or Inject –PRP v/s Anti VEGF for PDR, Endoph Matters Webinar, Sep-21
34) Huidrom Yaiphaba Meitei, PhD Scholar (Department of Reproductive Science) First prize in conference presentation (Oral), 9th Annual conference of the Academy of Clinical Embryologists 1-3, October 2021 (National)
35) Dhakshanya P, PhD Scholar (Department of Reproductive Science) Third prize in conference presentation (Oral) 9th Annual conference of the Academy of Clinical Embryologists 1-3, October 2021 (National)
36) PGs Aanchal & Nithya (MD Pathology) selected to present at the International Society for Gynecpathology Live journal club
37) Dr. Janani Seshasayee (MS Surgery) received award at Poster Session ‘SURGICON 2021’, 19th to 21st November 2021
38) Dr Shivam Goyal (MD Dermatology) Best Thesis Award presentation, CUTICON KN 2021; 17 Dec 2021 to 19 Dec 2021
1) Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion received NABH certification
2) The Department of Ophthalmology received BIG BIRAC grant (50 lakhs) along with the department of biotechnology MIT Manipal, for Nano particle drug delivery implant after cataract surgery.
3) A special supplement on Renal Palliative care developed by departments of Nephrology and Palliative Medicine & Supportive Care. Both department consultants of Nephrology and Palliative Medicine & Supportive Care well appreciated across the country for their initiative – First time published guideline and opinion on Renal Palliative Medicine in India. It was endorsed by the India Society of Nephrology.
4) Department of paediatrics received the Fist GRANT.
5) Department of OBG ranked no. 7 in Best Gynaecology Hospitals in India - Times of India.
6) Doctors of the department of gastroenterology and hepatology, Kasturba Medical College and Hospital, Manipal performed third space endoscopy, incision-less treatment for achalasia cardia – POEM for the first time in this part of Karnataka
7) Dept. of Medical genetics received grants to establish a Center for Rare Disease Diagnosis, Research and Training by DBT Wellcome Trust India Alliance worth 13 crores.
8) Medical Education Dept. has been recognised as one of the regional centers for PG teachers from stand alone PG teaching Institutions by NMC.
9) Apheresis Donor Registry - New Initiative by Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion