CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dr Ramesh Holla is Associate Professor in the Department of Community Medicine.
- He teaches Community Medicine to the MBBS and BPT students and research methodology to MPT students.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Community Medicine||1st , 2nd ,3rd,4th, 6th and 7th semesters MBBS students and BPT students|
|Research Methodology||MPT students|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Community Medicine||Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore||2012|
|MBBS||Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore||2008|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Community Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||16/07/2016 - till date|
|Department of Community Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||12/07/2012 – 15/07/2016|
|Department of Community Medicine, KIMS, Bangalore||Tutor||02/05/2009 – 01/05/2012|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Communicable and Non-Communicable diseases , Maternal and Child Health , Genetics
Area of Expertise
Experimental Epidemiology especially RCT, Research Methodology
Area of Research
Medical Education , Maternal and Child Health , Communicable Disease
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Recipient of the Good teacher award in 2014.
- State Surveillance Team Member for National Integrated Biological and Behavioural Surveillance Project.
- Joint Coordinator for Volunteer Services Organization, Manipal University.
- Life member of the Karnataka Association of Community Health, 2009.
- Life member of the Indian Public Health Association, 2009.
- Life member of the Association for Prevention and Control of Rabies in India, 2009.
- Life member of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine, 2014.