CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students of medical stream.
- Teaching 3rd year undergraduate dental students.
- Assisting the administration to implement Manipal Academy of Higher Education policies, rules and regulations.
- Organizing the departmental activities.
- Helping orient the new interns joining duty after their final MBBS exam.
- Active participation in organising CME and other departmental events.
UG AND PG TEACHING
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|General Surgery||Post graduates|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MS||General Surgery||Medical College, Trivandrum||2008|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC, Mangalore||Associate Professor||2014- till date|
|KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2010-2014|
|KMC, Mangalore||Senoir Resident||2009-10|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
1. Clinical Diagnostics 2. Critical care in surgery
Area of Expertise
1. Minimal access surgery 2. Emergency surgery 3. Critical care in surgery
Area of Research
Currently co-authoring book on critical care in surgery
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Founding member and Joint secretary of ACCC-India
- Treasurer of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) Dakshin Kannada chapter 2016
- Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Founding member of Hernia Society of India (HSI)
- Member of Hospital auditing body in preparation for NABH
- Department representative of Dental Board of studies
- Department representative of CBME programme
- Member of college medical education unit.
Naga Aparna Peri, Rahul R. Bhat, Poornachandra Thejeswi D. S, B. K. Shivaprasad Rai. CORRELATION OF MODE OF INJURY, CLINICAL PRESENTATION TO THE ORGAN INJURY AND MANAGEMENT IN ABDOMINAL TRAUMA. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental sciences.2018.
SPV Rai, H Sharma, R Bhat, S Prabhu. Unusual case of viscus perforation following a freak accident. Medical Journal of Dr. DY Patil University 10 (1), 103. 2017.
R Kateel, AJ Augustine, S Ullal, S Prabhu, R Bhat, P Adhikari. Development And Validation Of Health Related Quality Of Life Questionnaire (Indian Scenario) In Diabetic Foot Ulcer Patients. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2017.
PC Thejeswi, MV Pai, R Bhat. Role of Diagnostic Laparoscopy in the Management of Gastro Oesophageal, Pancreatic and Colorectal Cancers. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences 14 (10), 107-113. 2015
P Thejeswi, V Krishna, S Prabhu, R Bhat. Role of Advancement Flaps in Excision of Pilonidal sinus. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences 14 (7), 74-76. 2015
S Soma, PC Reddy, R Bhat, S Prabhu. Penile Metastases From Prostate Adenocarcinoma: A Rare Presentation. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research: JCDR 9 (9), PD03 2015.