CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dist Medicolegal Consultant, Govt Wenlock hospital, Mangalore.
- Member, UNESCO Bioethics Unit, KMC Mangalore, India since 29th November 2013 and nominated as member secretary since may 2014.
- Member Board of Studies for Faculty of Medicine, Kasturba Medical College-Board 2 (Paraclinical BoS-UG & MD/MSc since 24th February 2014.
- Internal Quality Auditor, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (Mangalore Campus) since August 2013.
- Member, Core Committee, Integrated Management System (IMS), Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (Mangalore Campus) since 5th July 2013.
- Member, Quality and Compliance Cell, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (Mangalore Campus) since 24th Nov 2012.
- Member Board of Studies, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (Forensic Medicine), since 16th December 2011.
- Faculty, Medical Education Unit, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (Manipal Academy of Higher Education), since 1st April 2011.
Prateek Rastogi teaches Forensic Medicine.
He is also
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Forensic Medicine||Third, Fourth, Fifth|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Diploma||Cyber Law||Asian Scool of Cyber Laws, Pune||2010|
|Post Graduate Diploma||Criminology & Forensic Science||Annamalai University, Annamalainagar||2007|
|MD ( Doctor of Medicine)||Forensic Medicine||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||2005|
|Post Graduate Diploma||Medical Law & Ethics||National Law Institite of India University, Bangalore||2004|
|MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||2002|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Forensic Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Professor & Head||23/07/2019 - till date|
|Department of Forensic Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Professor||22/05/2019 - till date|
|Department of Forensic Medicine, SMIMS, Sikkim||Professor & Head||17/05/2017 to 21/05/2019|
|Department of Forensic Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Professor||01/04/2017 to 16/05/2017|
|Department of Forensic Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor||2009 to 31/03/2017|
|Department of Forensic Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Associate Professor and Incharge Head||12/02/2015 - 17/06/2015|
|Department of Forensic Medicine, KMC Mangalore||Assistant Professor||2005-2009|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Medical Ethics , Medical Negligence , Forensic Pathology , Forensic Toxicology
Area of Expertise
Forensic Psychiatry , Forensic Pathology , Medical Law and Ethics , Torture Medicine , Criminal Law , Forensic Science ,Cyber Law
Area of Research
Forensic Anthropology , Forensic Pathology
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Published 100 papers in National & International Journals
- Participated in 43 Medical conferences in India and Abroad.
- Participated in 89 CME’s and wsorkshops in India and Abroiad
- Presented 35 scientific papers/posters & delivered 16 guest lectures in India & abroad.
- Peer reviewer for 26 National & International Journals,
- Life member and office bearer of 10 professional medical bodies in India & abroad.
- Member of editorial & advisory board of 7 journals and 3 books in India & abroad.
- Contributed chapters and text to four reputed Indian Forensic textbooks.
- Reviewed 9 reputed books in Forensic Medicine & Toxicology.
- Co-Authored “ Atlas of Forensic Pathology”. 1st ed. Jaypee Brothers Medical publishers (P) Ltd; New Delhi. 2014.
- Awarded Young Investigator Award at 42nd Annual Conference of Asia pacific Academic Consortium of Public Health at Bali, in 2010.
- Awarded certificate of appreciation for commitment as member of disaster management team in Air crash mishap on 22nd may 2010 at Mangalore by Manipal Academy of Higher Education on 18th August 2010.
- Awarded certificate of appreciation for excellence in research & publications by KMC, Mangalore for 7 consecutive years since 2008.
- Editorial Board member for Austin Journal of Forensic Science and Criminology since August 2014. It is a peer reviewed open access journal.
- Co-ordinator for workshop on Designing a Questionaire, conducted by Dept. of Medical Education, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore on 27th June 2014.
- Co-ordinator for PG’s Orientation Programme, conducted by Dept. of Medical Education, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore on 6th July 2013.
- Co-ordinator for PG’s Teaching Methodology Workshop, conducted by Dept. of Medical Education, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore on 9th Feb 2013.
- Contributor for Modern Medical Toxicology. 4th ed. Pillay VV. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. New Delhi. 2013.
- Chief-Coordinator & Chairman Transport and Accommodation Committee for upcoming 34th Annual National Conference (IAFM 2013), to be conducted at Dr. TMA Pai International Convention Centre , Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (Manipal Academy of Higher Education) from 1st-3rd February 2013.
- Organizing Secretary for CME on “Forensic Odontology” conducted by Dept. of Forensic Medicine, KMC, Mangalore at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore on 3rd March 2012.
- Co-ordinator for Awareness Programme on “Road Safety - Alert today Alive tomorrow” conducted by Dept. of Forensic Medicine, KMC, Mangalore at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore on 3rd November 2011.
- Sub editor for Textbook of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology.16th ed. Pillay VV. Paras Medical Publishers. Hyderabad.2011.
- Contributor and Review editor for Textbook of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.2nd ed. Nagesh Kumar G Rao. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. New Delhi. 2010.
- Executive member of Karnataka Medicolegal Society for the year 2010-2011.
- Treasurer for 2nd Annual National Conference of National Foundation of Clinical Forensic medicine (Clinforensicon – 2009) at Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India from 19th – 20th September 2009.
- Joint Secretary (South Zone) of Indian Society of Toxicology (IST) for the period 2010-2012. IST is a national professional organization dedicated to the promotion of academics and research in toxicology.
- Assistant Editor for International Journal of Medical Toxicology & Legal Medicine published from AIIMS, New Delhi for the year 2008-2010. It is the official Journal of Medico – legal Society & International Academy of Medical Toxicology and legal medicine and is indexed in Embase, Excerpta Medica and IndMed.
- Member Publishing Committee for Journal of Karnataka Medicolegal Society in the Year 2004.
- Analytical Toxicology & Forensic DNA Typing- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Cochin, 2006
- Medical Negligence & Consumer Protection Act- IMA AKN SINHA Institute, New Delhi, 2008
- Torture Medicine- IMA AKN SINHA Institute, New Delhi, 2009
- Internal Auditor Course on Integrated Management Systems (ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004)- TUV Rheinland India Pvt. Ltd., 2013
International Society of Infectious Diseases-Member since 2009
World Association of Disaster and emergency Mediicne-Member since 2014
Asia Pacific Association of Medical Toxicology-Life member since 2009
India Red Cross Society-Life member since 2009
National Foundation of Clinical Forensic Medicine-Founder member since 2006
Indian Medical Association-Life member since 2006
Indian Society of Toxicology-Life member since 2006, Joint Secretary (2010-2012, Executive Member(2012-2013)
Karnataka Medicolegal Society-Life member since 2004, Executive Member(2010-2011)
Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine-Life member since 2003, Joint Secretary (2013-2016)
Indian Congress of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology-Life member since 2003
Academy of General Education-Fellow since 2002
Correlation of Anthropometric measurements with Atherosclerosis in the Coronary Arteries in male subjects – An Autopsy study
Pinto DS Kanchan T Pai MR
Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine, 2012; 19:12-17.
Lip prints – An aid in identification
Australian Journal of Forensic Sciences, 2011, 1-8.
Middle Finger Length – A Predictor of Stature in Indian Population.
Kanchan T Menezes RG Yoganarasimha K
Medicine, Science and the Law, 2009; 49(2):123-126.
Estimation of stature from hand dimensions of north and south Indians.
KR Nagesh Yoganarasimha K
Legal Medicine: 2008; 10(4): 185-189
Stature estimation using Palm Length in Indian population
International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Legal Medicine, 2008; 11(2): 37 – 40.
Hand Biometrics- A tool for gender & stature identification
2009-01-01 Reshma Murali
UG, 2009 4th semester
Odontometrics- A useful approach towards gender differentiation
2008-01-01 Ankita Jain
UG, 2008 4th semester
A study of finger prints in relation to gender and blood group
2007-01-01 Keerthi Pillai
2007 4th semester
An autopsy study of the co relation of anthropometrically determined obesity to atherosclerosis in aorta and coronary arteries in males
2006-01-01 Denver Steven Pinto
2006 4th semester
Study of lip prints in relation to gender, blood group and geographical distribution
2005-01-01 Amrita Parida
2005 4th semester