Dr Madhusudan Upadya
Professor and Head
Department of Emergency Medicine
CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Madhusudan Upadya is Professor and Head in the Department of Emergency Medicine, KMC Hospital, Mangalore.
He teaches both undergraduate and postgraduate students. He is also a research guide and an examiner for the postgraduates.
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|MD||Anaesthesia||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||1992|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal||1986|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of Emergency Medicine, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Professor and Head||01/08/2020 - till date|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Professor & Unit Chief||30- JUNE- 2012 - 31/07/2020|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Professor & Head||01/11/2008 to 29/06/2012|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Professor||27/08/2007 to 31/10/2008|
|SMIMS, Gangtok||Professor||21/08/2006 to 25/08/2007|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Professor||14/08/2006 to 17/08/2006|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Associate Professor||24/09/1997 to 13/08/2006|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Assistant Professor||24/09/1994 to 23/09/1997|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Lecturer||24/09/1992 to 23/09/1994|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Airway, Obstetric Anesthesia
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Top five publications of Dr. Madhusudan Upadya:
1. Upadya M, Saneesh PJ . Anaesthesia for non-obstetric surgery during pregnancy. Indian J Anaesth. 2016;60(4):234-41.
2. Upadya M, Misquith JCR, Rammoorthi R. Anaesthesia for left thoracoscopic sympathectomy for refractory long QT syndrome: Three case reports. Southern African Journal of Anaesthesia and Analgesia. 2016;22(5):156-159.
3. Pradeep T, Manissery J, Upadya M. Emergence agitation in paediatric patients using sevoflurane and isoflurane anaesthesia: A randomised controlled study. Southern African Journal of Anaesthesia and Analgesia. 2017; 23(2):15-18.
4. Upadya M, Saneesh PJ. Low flow anaesthesia – underused mode towards “sustainable anaesthesia”. Indian J Anaesth. 2018;62(3):166-72.
5. Upadya M, and Rao S. Hypertensive disorders in pregnancy. Indian J Anaesth. 2018;62(9):675.