CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- B Seetharama Rao teaches undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- He is also involved in supervising and managing overall functioning of the Unit.
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|Orthopaedics (Theory and Clinical)||Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth semester|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|Mch (Orth)||Liverpool University, United Kingdom||1996|
|MS (Ortho)||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||1985|
|D Ortho||Orthopaedics||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||1983|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, Manipal Academy of Higher Education||1980|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|KMC,Mangalore||Professor & Unit Chief,Dept.of Orthopaedics||Nov 2016 till date :|
|Melaka Manipal Medical College,Melaka,Malaysia||Prof.& HOD Orthopaedics||Dec 2014 to Oct 2016|
|KMC,Mangalore||Professor & Unit Chief of Orthopaedics||May 2009 to Nov 2014|
|Manipal Medical College, Melaka, Malaysia||Professor and Head of Orthopaedics||2005-2009|
|Department of Orthopaedics, KMC Mangalore||Professor and Chief of Unit-I||2004-2005|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Professor and Head of Orthopaedics||1999-2003|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Associate Professor||1997-1999|
|United Kingdom||Undergraduate teacher||1993-1996|
|Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Lecturer and Assistant Professor||1988-1992|
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
Paediatric Orthopaedics , Arthroscopic Surgeries
Area of Expertise
Area of Research
Adult and Paediatric Orthopaedics
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Higher training in Orthopaedics, Royal College of Surgeons of England (Overseas Doctors Training Scheme), Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- Senior ICMR fellowship awarded by the Indian Council of Medical Research for the research project, “An epidemiological survey and anthropometric study of perthes’ Disease”, 1985.
- Life Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association, 1985.
- Life Member of Karnataka Orthopaedic Association, 1997.
- Member of Asian Association for Dynamic Osteosynthesis (AADO), 1994.
- Life Member of Canara Orthopaedic Society, 1997.
Perthes’ disease in South India
1986-01-01 Chacko V Joseph B Clin Orthop
The epidemiology of perthes’disease in South India
1988-01-01 Joseph B Chacko V Hall AJ
Intl J of Epidemiology 1988.
Varus and equinovarus deformities of the foot associated with tarsal coalition
1994-01-01 Joseph B
The Foot 1994.
Altered skeletal growth in perthes’ disease, an anthropometric study of children from rural India
1995-01-01 Joseph B Chacko V Hall AJ
J Paediatric Orthop Part B 4(1) 1995.
The role of ultrasound in clubfoot management
2012-01-12 Rai Ravi R
Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery (India), December, 2012.
Perthes’ disease in the West coast of India
1985-01-01 Chacko V Joseph B
Indian J of Orthop 1985.
Huge secondary chondrosarcoma of the scapula-a delayed presentation.Seetharama Rao,Surendra Kamath, 1352-1354.Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research(IJIR),Vol.3,Issue 4,2017