CURRENT ACADEMIC ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Class room teaching
- Bed side Clinical training
- Operative Surgery training
- Journal Clubs
- Clinico-pathological Meets
- Maintaining smooth operation of all academic and clinical work of the Unit.
- Assisting the administration to implement Manipal Academy of Higher Education policies, rules and regulations.
- Organizing the departmental activities and administering the department efficiently.
- Helping orient the new staff appointed to the department and the students posted in the department.
- Active participation in organising CME and other departmental events.
- Organize and Co-ordinate the implementation the new CBME curriculum.
- Guide students in various extracurricular and sport events
Professor and Head Department of Surgery , KMC, Mangalore.
Under graduates and Post-graduate teaching including
SUBJECTS CURRENTLY TEACHING
|Subject||Semester / Year|
|General Surgery||Semester 3,4,5,6,7,8,9.|
|Degree||Specialisation||Institute||Year of passing|
|D.N.B[Gen Surg]||General Surgery||National Board of Examination, New Delhi.||2000|
|MBBS||Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore.||1993|
|Institution / Organisation||Designation||Role||Tenure|
|Department of General Surgery, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Professor and Head||13/01/2023 - till date|
|Department of General Surgery, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Professor||06-03-2020 - till date|
|Department of General Surgery, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore||Associate Professor||16-06-2006 till 05-03-2020|
|A.J.I.M.S||Assistant Professor||02-02-2002 to 13-06-2006|
1. A comprehensive study on Lichenstiens tension free mesh hernioplasty under local anaesthesia as day case surgery.
2. A phase 2 double blind, placebo controlled, multi centeric Adjuvant trial of the efficacy, immunogenicity and safety of GI-4000: an inactivated recombitant sacchomyces cerevisiae expressing mutant Ras protien combined with a gemcitabine regimen versus a gemcitabine regimen with placebo, in patients with post resection R0/R1 pancreatic cancer with tumour sequence confirmation of Ras mutation
AREAS OF INTEREST, EXPERTISE AND RESEARCH
Area of Interest
• Laparoscopic Surgery • Pancreatic and Colo-rectal surgeries • Active and interactive training
Area of Expertise
• General Surgical work • Laparoscopy and Endo surgeries • Event organizational skill
Area of Research
Professional Affiliations & Contributions
- Fellow of American College of Surgery
- Fellow of Indian Association of Gastro-Intestinal Endo Surgeons
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons
- Hernia Society of India life member
- Society of American Gastro-Intestinal Endo Surgeons International 3
- Association of Medical Consultants
- Secretary ASI Mangalore chapter-2017 and 2018
- Vice President IMA-Mangalore chapter 2018-2019
1. Rupa M. Mascarenhas1, Reshmina Clara D'Souza2, Shafeel Ibrahim K3, Sheldon Mathias4, Mohammed Ashfaque. Assessing MODS in ICU – A critical appraisal. IP Indian Journal of Anatomy and Surgery of Head, Neck and Brain, April-June 2019;5(2):61-63 (Corresponding Author).
2. Kalpana Ashfaque1, Mohammed Ashfaque2,*, Elroy Saldanha3, Reshmina Clara D'Souza4. The relation of liver enzymes and laparoscopic appendectomy. Journal of urology, Nephrology and Hepatology science, July -september, 2018, 1-2, 16-17.
3. Revanth Maramreddy, Ashfaque Mohammed, Karunakar Reddy Chalimidi, Jyothi Kini, Pulla Reddy Seelam. Clinical Significance of Signet Ring Cell Histology in Colorectal Malignancies. International Journal of Anatomy, Radiology and Surgery. 2017 Jan, Vol-6(1): SO01-SO05.
4. Nanjundaiah N, Ashfaque Mohammed, Venkatesh Shanbhag. A Comparative Study of RIPASA Score and ALVARADO Score in the Diagnosis of Acute Appendicitis. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2014 November [cited: 2014 Nov 30 ]; 8:NC03-NC05.
5. Dr.Ashfaque Mohammad, Dr.Thangam Varghese, Dr.Venkatesh Shanbag, Dr.Srikanth Soma. Small Cell Carcinoma Rectum With Liver Metastases: A Case Report. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 13, Issue 4 Ver. V. (Nov.- Dec. 2013), PP 101-102.
Guided Multiple students in their ICMR projects