The Department of Design, a University Teaching Department, Manipal Academy of Higher Education was established in 2012 and aims at fostering design education in India. From the academic year 2021-2022, B.Des Fashion Design, B.Des Interior Design, and M.Des Interior Design are approved by AICTE in terms of the provisions under the All India Council for Technical Education (Grant of Approvals for Technical Institutions) Regulations, 2021 notified on 4th February 2020 and amended on 24th February 2021.
Undergraduate and Post-graduate design programs are offered and in each, there is a convergence of artistic and scientific principles coupled with technical knowledge.
The department focuses on interdisciplinary research with innovative programs at different levels making the Department of Design one of the most desirable places for a degree in design.
- Best-in-class infrastructure
- Tie-up with International Design Colleges
- Designing collections/portfolios evaluated by professional designers
- Designing projects that stir the design thinking process with sensitisation towards ecology, green fashions and ergonomics.
- Design studios
- Textile lab
- Pattern Making and Sewing Lab
- Computer aided designing and VR lab
- Model Making Lab
- Laser Cutting Lab