The Department of Commerce (DoC) was established in 2007 with the launch of its flagship undergraduate Programme, Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA). Currently, the department offers BBA specializations in Banking, Financial Markets, Management Accounting (Professional) and Logistics & Supply Chain, Marketing, Human Resources, Insurance & Risk Management, and Family Business Management, Economics and Business Analytics. It also started a Masters' Programme in Commerce (M.Com) specializing in Logistics & Supply Chain, Professional, and Banking Technology. The department has also introduced Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) Programmes namely B.Com (Professional) and B.Com (Business Process Services) and a one-year Post-Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Logistics & Supply Chain. Department is also offering four niche Programmes named MSc (Financial Economics) and MSc (Health Economics), M.Sc (Business Analytics), and M.A (Creative and Digital Marketing). Students of the Department have also bagged national and international placements in reputed organizations. The Department has academic collaboration with Universities in the US, Europe, Southeast Asia, Middle East, Australia, and New Zealand. Department has tied up with Manipal Global Education (MaGE) Bangalore and National Stock Exchange (NSE) Mumbai to deliver various certification Programmes on Stock Markets. The department has tied up with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Institute of Logistics, Chennai, for the M.Com (Logistics and Supply Chain) programme. Currently, DoC hosts six centres focused on achieving excellence in their respective domains. They are the Centre for Advanced Learning in Finance and Accounting, Centre for Managing Family Business, International Centre for Business Studies, Centre for Supply Chain Education and Research, Centre for Consultancy Training and Corporate Interface, Centre for Business Analytics. The department has partnered with the following professional bodies to integrate their professional program curriculum in its program offering, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), UK, and Certified management accountants (CMA).
The Department of Commerce has collaborations with
- Manipal Global Education (MaGE) Bangalore and National Stock Exchange (NSE) Mumbai to deliver various workshops on stock markets
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Institute of Logistics, Chennai
It also has academic exchange programs with reputed universities in Australia, New Zealand, UK, US, and Europe.
Vision and Mission
To develop into a world class centre of excellence in education, training & research.
- To impart holistic education using state-of-the-art-technology and infrastructure leading to the development of qualified professionals
- To develop a team of competent and qualified faculty
- To explore training and development opportunities
- To involve in projects leading to high-quality research
- To continuously evaluate our performance against suitable benchmarks
- To continuously develop new programs, global tie-ups to meet stakeholder requirements
- To leverage on multiple disciplines available across the university leading to consultancy projects
- To be cost-effective in operations